Monday, June 17, 2013

Things I'd Tell My Highschool & College Self.

NOTE: I'm only 18 this year, so HIGHSCHOOL & COLLEGE self would be more applicable here than TEENAGE self.

Since I'm already done with college and am awaiting a whole new chapter (Hello there, university!), I feel that it's the perfect opportunity to look back and reminisce about the ups and downs I went through.


But before I start, here are some not-so-flattering photos of me lololol.. Be prepared, k?
13 y/o
14 y/o
15 y/o

16 y/o ; on the left
17 y/o
18 y/o ; on the right
  1. EYEBROWS.
    13, 14 and 15 y/o me knew nothing about eyebrows. I didn't realize the importance of having nicely groomed brows oh god. Unruly brows = ugh eww blehhh.
    Are you weeping for me yet?

  2. IGNORE MEAN REMARKS.
    As you can probably tell just from looking at the pictures earlier, I have always had a chubby face. My cheeks are so.. Cheeky. Like a hamster's cheek pouch. 
    And at the very start of my highschool life, I got bullied. Because apparently having cheeks = fat. 
  3. Can you say CHEEKS?!
    See, I hit puberty pretty early, and would therefore get called names like "FATLOH" "FATMIN" "FATSO" back then. 
    Like wtf? HELLO, PUBERTY GOT BOOBS AND HIPS AND CURVES OKAY??!
    Looking back now, I wasn't what they called me. Yes, I was larger compared to most other girls at that time, but only cause I was developing sooner.

    This is me now:
    FATSO? FATMIN? FATLOH? 
    Say whuuuut?
  4. HATERS ARE GONNA HATE.
    This is somewhat related to Point 2, but I feel this is worth a second mention. I have been through horrible experiences whereby girls would just bitch and spread fucked up rumours around.
    Eg: I got called to the Principal's office for no reason. I have had girls threatening to hurt me after class. The list goes on.

    I guess all I'm trying to say is that it gets better. Useless piece of advice to my younger self, but what else can I say? :/

  5. #YOLO. 
    No,
     not to the extent of taking drugs, but #YOLO in the sense that you should seize the moment. SAY YES TO MORE THINGS. Be spontaneous! Be outgoing.
    In case you need convincing, THIS is a good read.
    DOUBLE CHIN, FML T.T
    But #YOLO and let a bear lick me wtf. 
    I said YES to rock climbing.. Which is so not my thing.

    Aaaand I don't normally do outdoorsy stuff. But #YOLO, right?
  6. STUDY HARD.
    Very much self-explanatory. Your future self will thank you for it. 
    Work hard, party harder. Still not motivated? Try this:
    FOR EVERY PAPER YOU FAIL, YOUR PARENTS PAY WITH CASH..
    YOU PAY WITH YOUR FUTURE. 
This was what pulled me through ALevels finals.
x

3 comments :