Sunday, January 25, 2015

Lush Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser Review.

To start off, I'm a bit obsessed with this solid cleanser. 

According to Lush's website, Angels on Bare Skin is:

"An incredibly gentle cleanser is made from 100% natural ingredients. Inspired by a medieval recipe and topped off with lavender flowers, this contains kaolin to absorb grease and dirt, leaving skin clean and nourished. Lavender oil and rose absolute calm the skin. As you mix your solid cleanser with water to form a paste, the ground almonds create almond milk which helps to tone and brighten the skin. This can be used all over your body and your face as well."
Yes, I know I've been overusing the pinecone in pictures :P

Anyway, I bought this whilst in Melbourne after my mom mentioned how much she loves the scent of AOBS. According to her, it smells very "natural and good for the skin." LOL.
I'll be honest. I hated this initially. It probably took me 2 weeks to get used to the scent as well as the texture.

As you can see, AOBS isn't like your regular liquid facial cleanser. This comes in the form of a gritty, ugly-looking paste, sprinkled with dried lavender buds that end up looking like bugs. (Sorry for the gross description!)
Here's a full list of the ingredients to reassure you there aren't any bugs:
Ground Almonds, Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil, Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil, Tagetes Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Lavender Flowers, Limonene, Linalool.
See? All really natural. No nasties like sulfates or parabens.


Tbh, this took me a while to get used to. The first few attempts were pretty much disastrous: I either took way too much product and ended up sorrowfully witnessing the excess cleanser fall and crumble away in the sink; or took too little and had to reach for more by dipping my wet fingers into the pot. *shudders at the thought*

Please dry your hands before pinching a pea-size amount of this baby! You don't want water slushing around at the bottom of the tub. Gross!

Also, it is good to know that as AOBS is made without any preservatives, its shelf-life is pretty short: 3 months. Be sure to check the 'use-by' date before purchasing! Dishing out 16.95AUD and realising you only have 2 weeks to finish all 100g of this bug-looking paste is just SAD.

I've been using this day and night for the past 2 months and am absolutely loving the results! This cleanser cleans without making my skin all tight with dry patches, and leaves it soft and glowy (thanks to the exfoliating properties of the ground almonds).

This isn't overly moistursing as well - I have oily skin and this doesn't give me an oil-slick of a face. THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT.
Overall, I highly recommend trying this product! It's like my ultimate holy grail cleanser at the moment :D  Whoopee whoopee!


I got my tub of AOBS at 16.95AUD for 100g. Of course, it's much more worthwhile getting the larger tub. Too bad the shelf-life is so damn miserable. 3 months?!?! So 100g would do :/

x

4 comments :

  1. I'M NOW FULFILL FINANCIALLY BECAUSE OF THE LOAN I GOT FROM UPSTOX FUNDING INC.{ upstoxfunding@yahoo.com }

    I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i came in contact with Upstoxfunding INC after i lost my job and being denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two online loan companies. Until i read about: ( upstoxfunding@yahoo.com ) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convince because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme of Upstoxfunding at a very low interest rate of 2% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I have no choice than to also contact them which i did through text (302) 273-5794.That day was theI'M best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when i receive a credit alert of $124,000Usd loan amount i applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today i and my kids are so happy and fulfill. You can as well contact them through email: upstoxfunding@yahoo.com OR call or text their helpline: (302) 273-5794. Why am i doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victim of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Wendy Ryan from Arizona, United States.


    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M NOW FULFILL FINANCIALLY BECAUSE OF THE LOAN I GOT FROM UPSTOX FUNDING INC.{ upstoxfunding@yahoo.com }

    I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i came in contact with Upstoxfunding INC after i lost my job and being denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two online loan companies. Until i read about: ( upstoxfunding@yahoo.com ) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convince because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme of Upstoxfunding at a very low interest rate of 2% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I have no choice than to also contact them which i did through text (302) 273-5794.That day was theI'M best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when i receive a credit alert of $124,000Usd loan amount i applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today i and my kids are so happy and fulfill. You can as well contact them through email: upstoxfunding@yahoo.com OR call or text their helpline: (302) 273-5794. Why am i doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victim of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Wendy Ryan from Arizona, United States.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi miss, where did u buy this cleanser? And how much for large tub?

    ReplyDelete
  4. GENUINE BANK GUARANTEE (BG) AND STANDBY LETTER OF CREDIT (SBLC) FOR BUY OR LEASE AT THE BEST AVAILABLE RATES
    We offer certified and verifiable financial bank instruments via Swift Transmission from a genuine provider capable
    of taking up time bound transactions.
    FOR LEASING OF BG/SBLC
    MINIMUM FACE VALUE OF BG/SBLC = EUR/USD 1M
    LEASING FEE = 4%+2%
    FOR PURCHASE OF FRESH CUT BG/SBLC
    MINIMUM FACE VALUE OF BG/SBLC = EUR/USD 1M
    PRICE = 32%+2%
    Our BG/SBLC Financing can help you get your project funded,
    loan financing by providing you with yearly.
    RWA ready to close leasing with any interested client in few banking days
    I will be glad to share with you our working procedures.
    Name : Thomas Wolfgang
    Email : inquiry.fastfunding@gmail.com
    Skype : inquiry.fastfunding@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete