Monday, January 05, 2015

2014 faves.

OMG. It's 2015!!
Yes yes, I know I'm stating the obvious. 

Hope you've all had a great end of 2014 and had heaps of fun celebrating NYE!

Anyway, the new year calls for a roundup of my favourite stuff from 2014! Why?
Errr, mainly because almost every YouTuber/Blogger's doing it. I might as well hop on the bandwagon and share with you guys what I've been reaching for without fail throughout the year!

Also, it's my first time making a pinboard-style collage. I can't believe how fun it was (zero sarcasm there) googling stock images of products, "quick selection"-ing on Photoshop, hitting Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V.

I'm pretty pleased with the end result. :D
Be prepared to see a whole lot of collages on my blog soon. Heh.

Okay let's go!

  1. Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in 01
    I initially got this in the lightest shade by mistake, but soon fell in love with it as an undereye concealer/highlighter. This doesn't crease on me at all, and is so pigmented. I like slapping some of this on after pulling an all-nighter just to look a bit less zombielike. Only downside is the unhygienic packaging.

  2. Arkadia Chai Tea in Spice
    I stock up on these like mad whenever I go to Woolsworth. Ask any of my housemates. Lololol. I don't do coffee, so this is my go-to source of caffeine. I drink so many cups of this awesomeness per day, it's crazy.  

  3. Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang 
    Cheap - got it whilst Priceline was having 40% off all Rimmel items! Also, it's hella red. Perfect for clubbing. This shade of perfection requires lipliner to prevent it from feathering though, fyi.

  4. Toni and Guy Sea Salt Spray
    I'll be honest, I saw Zoella raving about this in one of her YouTube videos and just had to get it.
    Verdict? I LOVES IT.
    This gives my hair so much texture, making it super easy to style (by style, I mean casually twisting hair around my fingers while running to catch the tram). I guess this works on me coz my hair is naturally wavy anyway. I would call this.. my curl enhancer? Plus, it smells great!

  5. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
    Dunno what's the diff between this and the original version sans oat milk; dry shampoo is dry shampoo after all, but Klorane smells way better than Batiste. Trust me. I go through dry shampoo REAL fast.

  6. Shu Uemura Hard 9 Brow Pencil
    Ahh, my holy grail. Been using this since I was 14 - that's 6 years! God knows the number of times I've repurchased this baby. Go get this!

  7. Revlon Photoready Primer in 001
    Purchased this after fellow friend CarmenKhor recommended it to me. Cheap and lasts a long time. Also keeps me matte throughout the day! I always use this if I'm going somewhere. Doesn't matter if it's just uni, I still use at least half a pump!

  8. Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm
    Read about it from Caroline Hirons (aka imba skincare guru). This, my friend, is magic. It's a really basic solid balm that melts into this oil upon contact with body heat. So luxurious and removes my stubborn waterproof mascara every single time. Flawless.

  9. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 102 Light Nude
    Umm. Again, saw this in one of Zoella's monthly favourites. Is it bad that I'm such a sucker? *hides* This is the epitome of PR done right.
    This foundation has buildable coverage, smells great, and has a Zoella stamp of approval, so why not?!

  10. Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On
    HG status mascara for the past 2-3 years. I must say, this is a wee bit on the pricier side for a drugstore brand, but it works and I love it and definitely wouldn't mind repurchasing this over and over again! Oh, it's also very very waterproof. Refer to #8.
    I will be heartbroken should they ever discontinue Glamour Volume On. For realz.
    I think Asian mascaras are on point. Western ones just don't make the cut.

  11. Dolce by Dolce and Gabbana
    Got sent this, but I still love it more than the ones I purchased myself. What sorcery. Read the full review here.
    I'm not the only one who thinks Dolce smells great. I get guys complimenting me whenever I wear this, so it should be a sign that you should get yourself a bottle *wink wink*

That's all for my 2014 favourites, woohoo!
Thanks for reading and I'll see you guys soon.

x

No comments :

Post a Comment