Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 2014 Favourites.

Why, hello there, May. It's shocking how quickly the year seems to be slipping by. Anyway, April has seen the resurrection of my blog (hooray!). April has also seen me in total desperation when the temperature fell below 10 degree Celsius on certain nights when I just so happen to have missed the last operating tram and had to walk 30minutes home. FYI, that walking home thing happened twice. 
Sad story aside, here's what I have been loving the past 30 days! 
Click to enlarge.

Shoulder bag from Forever New 
Although I am not a huge advocate of light-coloured bags (too high maintenance), I am absolutely in love with this new buy! It's very versatile and comes with a detachable gold chain shoulder strap. 
Also, because of the limited space available, I am forced not to lug around unnecessary garbage, which is something my shoulders will thank me for in the long run. 

Escada sunglasses
I hardly ever buy designer shades. Simply because I am a klutz and will destroy them after a week. But when I do get one, I make sure it's big enough to give me bug-looking eyes. So much more flattering on my chubby face. 
Btw, tortoise shell frames are the way to go. Black is too plain, sorry.

Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter
You can never go wrong with S&G. The scent of this is to die for! Please check this out if you get the chance. Rub this on after a hot shower and you'll smell delicious for the next few hours. Warning: it doesn't taste as good as it smells. I would know (; 

Tresemme Heat Tamer Protective Spray
After hearing so many YouTubers rave about this on and on, I caved and got myself a bottle last year while on a trip to Bangkok. Never really got round to using this before coming to Australia, as I seldom use heat on my hair back in KL. It's a different story altogether here in Melbourne. Should you decide to step out of the house with dripping wet hair, you will freeze to death.
Not 100% sure if it works in terms of protecting your tresses, but this shizz definitely smells ahmayzing.

EOS lipbalm in Sweet Mint
The packaging is cute, but impractical. I mean, how does one fit this in one's evening clutch without it ending up with awkward bulges? So for that reason, this egg-shaped lipbalm doesn't get the privilege of being toted around by me. Instead, it earns a permanent spot on my nightstand. 

Maybelline Baby Lips in Berry Crush
I was running out of my other Maybelline tinted balm and decided to give this one a try. I just picked the reddest of the bunch and went straight to the cashier. Didn't swatch it at all but ended up loving it! It's really pigmented for a drugstore lipbalm and pretty moisturising as well. 

Sportsgirl rollerball perfume in In a Daze
This has been my go-to fragrance in April. I normally layer it on top of VS's Secret Charm body mist, but this smells good if you wear it on its own too. The only way I can describe the scent is: summer in a bottle! In a Daze is light and fruity and sweet :D 

Danone Greek yogurt in Raspberry and White Chocolate
Cannot stress how delicious this tastes! The texture is super creamy and you get bits of raspberry in the yogurt. Danone has other flavours like Honey, Apple & Rhubarb, Strawberry, etc but this is by far my favourite.

Sherlock kissing Molly
In case you didn't already know, I have been binge-watching Sherlock.
And I present to you my favourite scene:
*swoons* That coat fix. *hyperventilates* That hair ruffle. *ovaries quivering*


You have no idea the amount of times I have hit replay on that scene. 
Now here's me selfie-ing with my tortoise shell sunnies.
x

No comments :

Post a Comment