Sunday, January 19, 2014

"I hate my parents."

I'm turning 19 this April. Yes, my last year as a teen, but honestly, I feel I'm still this young and rebellious 14y/o at heart. I often get pissed at my parents and end up sulking in my room for the rest of the day after an argument. The reasons as to why we even argue in the first place can range from understandable to downright ridiculous.

That being said, I don't say "I hate my parents," no matter how upset I feel.

Sure, I get it, you're annoyed at them for not getting you that much coveted RM10k limited edition bag. Or perhaps you're mad at them for forbidding you to go out with that tatted up guy.
Whatever the reason, I'm sure it's a valid one for you to feel angry.

But that's not hate.
That strong feeling of rage is not hatred. It is possible to hate someone else, like a sworn nemesis or a backstabbing friend, but it is almost impossible to actually hate your parents. (Unless they've done something really bad and unforgivable. If that's the case, stop reading because what you're facing is beyond the scope of this entry, and go seek professional advice.)



So why am I writing this?

Because I've noticed a lot of ungrateful kids posting whack-shit about their parents recently, and I've had enough of it.

Look at this:
How can you not feel like slapping the person who tweeted those out?!
Super bratty. I feel so sorry for the parents. Work so hard but the kid ends up being so unappreciative.
"Feel like running away" some more wtf?! Just 'coz the parents didn't buy a car. OMG BRATTY BRATTY BRATTY.

The above example is just one of the many ungrateful incidents I've witnessed.


I understand that most of us don't necessarily mean what we say, but bear in mind that what's said cannot be unsaid. It's hurtful.

My parents aren't perfect. I can find many faults and flaws in them, and at times I get fuming mad when I find them to be overly superstitious or protective. But at the end of the day, they're still my parents. They've put in so much effort raising me up and I simply cannot bring myself to say something as hurtful as that.

Maybe when I was a lot younger I did go "I HATE YOU" to my parents, but since then I've made it a point never to repeat the same mistake again.


I'm not saying you can't rant, but you might want to word your sentences correctly as you rant.
If you doubt your ability to omit the word "hate" when complaining about your parents, stay far far away from me. I am unwilling to lend an ear. Go find other spoiled/ungrateful brats like yourself to talk to.


x

No comments :

Post a Comment